Monday, March 9, 2009

Do you think US should ban smoking in public areas?

In Ontario Canada, it is now illegal to smoke in the public places, like restaurants,movie theaters,malls ow what have you. Should US copy this idea? Why or why not?

Before I get into what some Yahoo saying about this topic. Here is my opinion on it. Well, I guess there is two sides to every story. Well the side who wants the ban mainly because they are sick and tired of inhaling second hand smoke. A lot of people get really sick or even killed from second hand smoke every year. The side who does not want the ban, mainly because they feel people should have to right to smoke where ever they like.

However with that said, I guess I am kind of bias since I am a non-smoker. I am for the ban instead of against.

Here is what some Yahoo users are saying about this topic, do you agree or disagree?


"Yes, if people smoke, thats their problem, but when they smoke in public, they subject other people to toxic chemicals"

By:brennanp...

"No. Its not in the Constitution.

IMO, It should be left up to the property owner.
If you want the government to control it, at least leave it up to the local municipality."

By:ALL

"Its already illegal in most of the USA to smoke in any of those places.. And yes I think its a good thing. I should be illegal to smoke in any public place inside or out. As well as in apartment buildings, yes the smoke does come through the vents I have had it happen. Its a gross habit that not only kills the smoker, but kills the people around them. If a smoker wants to commit slow suicide then thats their choice, but they shouldn't have the right to do it to other people"

By:bluesky on a cloudy day

"public is public, people drive cars in public companies pollute the public, why cant people smoke? im tired of non-smokers imposing their will on us smokers. i dont lobby for the abolition of alcohol cause i dont drink. there are more people dying of stds in the world than they are of second hand smoke. do i try to fight that? if you dont like my smoke, then move up wind. if you dont want me to smoke too bad, i dont want people drinking, driving and killing my cousin but they do.
people need to reflect on their own disgressions before they try to fix others"

By:tooclear...

"people can get used to it. second hand smoke is smelly. i would favor the ban."

By:uglylamp...

No comments:

Post a Comment